Has it been six months already?! Yes. Yes it has.
October 15 is the official Extension Due Date for Individual (and C-Corps) tax returns. It’s October 6 now, if you haven’t filed your 2018 taxes yet, DO IT NOW! It’s Sunday – what else do you have to do? Knock it out in a day and you won’t have to stress about it during the work week. October 15 will be here before you know it.
Here are three things you can do NOW if you haven’t filed your 2018 tax returns.
- Get your documents in order
- Go through receipts, emails, profit and loss statements, spreadsheets everything! This is the most tedious parts of the tax filing process but if you’ve been keeping track all year (I sincerely hope) this part should a breeze. If you haven’t, well…let’s just hope next year will be better. Buckle down and get it done!
- Sign up for Quickbooks SelfEmployed
- You don’t have the luxury of finding the best accountant or financial professional for the job at this point because it may be hard to fit an appointment this week. By all means you can try, but getting Quickbooks SelfEmployed will help you find the right forms for you to fill out and guide you through the process.
- HIT THE ‘eFILE’ BUTTON!
- Just do it! Drop all the pre-tax baggage and anxiety and enjoy your stress free week. You’re officially free…well, for another 6 months until April 15! 😜
To more money in our pockets,