I’ve got something special for you.
If you’re subscribed to my email newsletter, but you aren’t engaged in the Business & Life Tips Facebook group, all I can say is you’re missing out.
Every Wednesday I ask the group a poll question that gets the discussion going. It can be about literally anything. I enjoy talking openly with other go-getter entrepreneurs. The conversations are genuine, insightful and I always learn something new.
A couple weeks ago I asked, “Would you get into business with your significant other?” We all know Valentine’s Day is coming up, so I thought about bringing the topic up again. For some people, it simply works to mix business and play. For others, you might as well send a couple to their death bed if they have to see their significant other all day at work AND home.
So when I asked the Facebook group in one of our weekly polls which of you would get into business with your significant others, the responses were interesting to say the least. Let’s get into it.
31% said they would rather not do it.
Only one person said they’ve already done that, and will never do it again (lol – I’d like to hear more about that!)
But the overwhelming majority of you – about 62% – said it all depends on the person.
This is interesting because I would be hesitant to get into business with my partner, but a lot of you seem to be open to the idea. Here’s how I see it:
- If you’re compatible in the love department, you might also make great business partners
- It’s easier to keep success in the family or around people you care about the most
- It would be easier to trust your business partner
- The bedroom chemistry can also spark creative chemistry in the office and drive profits
- Seeing someone all day and all night, no matter how much you love then, can be too smothering for anyone to handle
- Asserting boundaries between your work and romantic or family life may be difficult
- If things go bad in the business, they more than likely will go bad in your relationship
What do you think? Did this Pro/Con List change your idea about getting into business with a loved one? Sound off in #theBLT facebook group!
To more money in our pockets,