Do I have what it takes?
Am I making the right decisions?
Am I good enough?
Then there’s that problem employee you don’t know what to do with. There’s the same client that gives you the runaround when it’s time to pay the invoices. There’s the tax forms you’ve been ignoring for months that need to get filled and submitted. Then, there’s those times where you can’t focus because your brain is going a thousand miles a minute thinking about all the stuff you have to get done and more.
Sometimes you wish you were just a tiny bit more courageous or outspoken to speak your mind like you know a BOSS should.
It doesn’t help when every decision you make feels uncertain. But let me remind you, you’re not taking the road less traveled – you’re forging new f*cking path all together! That’s terrifying.
I hear you. You are not alone. You got this.
It takes time to figure out your leadership style; to create the perfect team and to work through complicated financial documents. You keep going, just know that these growing pains are necessary. You will come out of this strong.Trust the process, yes afterall, entrepreneurship is not a sprint.
While you are running this marathon BOSS life, allow me to share with you6 ways you can boost your confidence as an entrepreneur:
- Stay Informed – Being in-the-know about industry trends sets you apart from the bunch. Follow industry-related social media accounts, read trade publications, go to talks and conferences, etc. Gathering more information can only help you, not hurt you.
- Find a mentor – This is a major key. Find someone who’s already done something similar to what you’re doing now ask them for guidance. They reassure you during your most vulnerable moments while making sure you’re on the right track. And if you see that they are mad busy, then it’s also cool to follow their journey from afar and get inspired that way. Social media allows us this blessing, so take advantage of it!
- Go Above and Beyond – While you’re working, find a way to push it to the next level each time. Maybe you are a badass at doing the daily operations in your business. However, what do you do to help your community? Do you take time to meet folks in your industry who can potential teach you a few new things that you can implement into your work? Don’t settle for standard. Always be learning and sharing. Afterall, you really don’t know who’s out there admiring you from the sideline.
- Log Your Wins – Write down all the wins, big or little in your journal. At the end of the week, look back at them and feel good about all the great things you do on a daily basis. Use that as fuel to keep your badass entrepreneur fire lit.
- Ask for Feedback – Ask customers or clients for feedback! This will help you focus your energy on places you can improve while reminding you that you’re doing amazing in other areas too! Whether it’s by email, a phone call or video session, asking for feedback will only help your clients in the long run.
- Remind Yourself Where You Started – This is super important! Are you better off than you were a year ago? In many cases, you probably are. And if so,you are definitely making the right decisions and you should feel confident about it. If you don’t feel that way, give options 1-5 a try.
Give these confident-boosting BOSS tips a try. Ane remember, it’s a marathon not a sprint.? Hit REPLY and let me know which of the 6 tips you’ll try first.
To more money in our pockets,
P.S. Want daily inspiration? Follow me on Instagram @ChikaObihCPA so you can share my world with me.